If you have found a pet, please check below to see if pet owners have reported that their pet is missing.
- Complete the Found Animal Form
a. Bring the form into the shelter, along with any flyers; or
b. Submit the form to County Animal Care; or fax to 916-875-5519
- Register found pet at PetHarbor.com to alert the owner that someone has possibly found their pet.
- Post flyers around your area.
- Notify shelters that you have the animal.
- Notify local vets.
- Post an ad in the Sacramento Bee Sacramento Bee's Online Classifieds Placement.
If you can't care for the animal or it's injured:
Contact veterinarians in your or area shelters immediately. Many 24-hour veterinarian hospitals will take animals after hours until a local shelter is open or will care for the injured animal.
Have You Found My Cat? Have You Found My Dog? Have You Found My Pet?