* Temporarily Closed Due to COVID-19 Until Further Notice. For details about available services, review our FAQs.
Dogs and cats can contract rabies through contact with animals including bats and skunks. Did you know that cats can contract and spread rabies, too?
It is a Sacramento County regulation that dogs and cats over four months old be vaccinated for rabies and licensed.
Bradshaw Animal Shelter Rabies and Vaccination Clinic: 3839 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA 95827
- Held third Thursday of each month, 5-7 p.m. Hosted by VIP Pet Care
- Dog and cat licenses may be purchased - cash or check acceptable
- $6 per animal for rabies shot - Cash, Visa, and MasterCard
- All dogs must be on leashes - all cats must be in carriers
- $19 Microchipping
Bradshaw Clinic Schedule: (Please check the website for schedule changes)
- January 16, 2020
- February 20, 2020
- March 19, 2020 (Clinic Canceled)
- April 16, 2020 (Clinic Canceled)
- May 21, 2020 (Clinic Canceled)
- June 18, 2020 (Clinic Canceled)
- July 16, 2020 (Clinic Canceled)
- August 20, 2020 (Clinic Canceled)
- September 17, 2020 (TBD)
- October 15, 2020 (TBD)
- November 19, 2020 (TBD)
- December 17, 2020 (TBD)
For a list of VIP Petcare locations, visit the Find a Location page.
Community Spay and Neuter (CSN) Clinic Vaccinations: Building next to Bradshaw Shelter
Find other Low-Cost Vaccinations in our region and Affordable Veterinary Services in our region.
Free BAAT Clinic: Vaccines, microchips, ID tags, collars, deworming, flea prevention, low-cost spay/neuter vouchers, and treatment of some minor medical issues available for eligible low-income Sacramento County Residents. For details, call (916) 875-BAAT.
Importance of Microchipping: Microchipping your pet can help reunite you if your pet becomes lost. For more details, visit Microchip Pet IDs page. If you adopted your dog or cat from the Bradshaw Animal Shelter, your pet may have been registered through the Michelson Found Animal Registry. Please contact them if you need to update your pet's information at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the microchip number on file. If you need assistance locating your microchip number, please contact our staff at email@example.com.